On festive days, you do not need to go to a restaurant always! Rather, you can cook some delicious dishes at your home. It’s far better to have fun with your family and friends at your home rather than going outside. We love chicken recipes. Chicken dishes are so easy to prepare and it takes a little time to cook. So I and Supratim tried this Moroccan grilled chicken recipe at home following the Sananda magazine. It really tastes good!
Moroccan grilled chicken is a flavorful appetiser dish especially enjoyed with green salad or tossed salad, white sauce, and a chilled strong beer 🙂
Moroccan grilled chicken – Ingredients
- Four boneless skinned chicken breast pieces.
- Two tablespoons of cumin powder. Known as “jeera” in Bengali.
- Two tablespoons of coriander paste. Known as “dhonepata” in Bengali.
- Two tablespoons of ginger paste.
- One tablespoon of dry chilli powder.
- One tablespoon of paprika.
- Half the tablespoon of turmeric paste.
- One-third tablespoon of black pepper powder.
- Quarter tablespoon of cinnamon powder. Known as “darchini” in Bengali.
- Salt to taste.
- Four tablespoons of olive oil.
- Two tablespoons of mustard oil.
Clean the chicken breasts properly. Let the water drain to make it as dry as possible. Make some diagonal incision on the chicken breast pieces so that the spices mix well with it. Take a big seme-flat glass bowl to mix the ingredients. Put the chicken breasts in the bowl and pour the cumin powder, coriander paste, ginger paste, dry chilli powder, turmeric paste, cinnamon powder into that bowl and mix very well. Once the spices are mixed with the chicken breasts then add the salt, mix again, and then brush the pieces with the mustard oil on both the sides. Cover the bowl with some aluminium foil so the flavour remains intact. Let the chicken marinate for a couple of hours.
You can grill it in a microwave oven on high degrees, at leat 200-220 degrees. But you know, until the cumin powder is fried, it tastes a bit odd. So you can also opt for frying as well. Heat a seme-flat frying pan. Pour the olive oil in it and let heat. Fry the marinated chicken breast pieces. Make sure to fry until both the sides are reddish brown colour. You can sprinkle some water time to time to prevent the burn on the sides.
Sprinkle the paprika and black pepper powder over it. Serve with white sauce and tossed salad made with red, yellow, green bell pepper, broccoli, baby corn, and onion.
Let me know if you loved the dish 🙂